Lab Assistant Internship, Luxbright Research & Development
Requisition ID: 2018001RDS
We are seeking driven, self-motivated, highly productive Bachelor or Master level scientists with knowledge, and/or interest in advanced material science, and nanotechnology to join our Research and Development team.
About the company
Luxbright is a Swedish developer and manufacturer of nanotechnology based X-ray tubes for medical, security, and industrial applications. Our innovative products are based on cutting edge materials science and physics research. We are a small company with a big vision, determined to change the world in the next few years, and disrupt the X-ray market. Our aim is to produce the world’s most advanced X-ray tubes for clients in the medical, technical, and security sectors. Recently, the company was awarded the prestigious European Union Horizon 2020 SME Phase 2 Instrument funding.
We seek top students in Bachelor’s or Master’s programs with majors in chemistry or physics. You have a positive attitude, self motivation, and a strong commitment to your role, objectives and projects. You are detail oriented and enjoy working through details and analysis. You are interested in working on the very cutting edge of applied physics and chemistry. You are interested in developing your strengths and becoming a high-performance R&D scientist solving real world problems that will help to change the world.
About the Internship
The duration of this position is five months, with a second term extension possibility.
The candidates, if selected, will learn about different aspects of nanomaterials, and field emissions physics including crystal growth, product formulation, product manufacturing, quality testing, and characterization. The work plays an important role in the foundation stages of research and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in-lab experiments and draft detailed reports and analysis
- Assist in various research activities including preparation of materials and laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Participate in analysis of results with guidance from an experienced researcher
- Carry out tasks necessary in laboratory environment such as cleaning and maintaining lab area, lab equipments and resources
- The candidate may assist in the development of research processes, scale-up procedures, and test methods relevant to the processing, and evaluation of X-ray technologies
This exciting role will give you access to interesting cutting-edge science research in nanotechnology and physics, and directly connect it to the commercialisation and global market efforts of the company. Luxbright is doing collaborations with University College London, Chinese research facilities as well as scientists throughout the world
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, result-oriented and self motivated
- Communication skills and the ability to work in team is essential
- Organized and ability to prioritize work
- Strong background in chemical science and experience in chemical laboratory work, familiar with chemical reactions and experimental procedures
- Top student in a B.Sc or M.Sc in chemistry, physics, materials science or related science/engineering program at University
- Extensive PC based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint, or G-suite programming/scripting preferred
- Previous co-op or internship experience is preferred
- Academic excellence is preferred
- Student must be available winter/spring 2018 and have the ability to work part or full-time
Students must be legally authorized to work in Sweden
Please send the documents in English to: Talent@luxbright.com
- Cover letter
- Other documents: attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades etc.
The work requirement is Full or Part-Time during weekdays. Some travel may be required.
Apply and join us. Help us grow the Luxbright vision.